Managing FaceBook Setting (Timeline and Tagging Settings) is a Challenge..
Couple of my Friends had issues on being tagged on inappropriate Photo & Video.. The Issues is with the setting of FaceBook, a general GuideLine is as follows..
Who can add things to my timeline I strongly recommend the following settings
1. Who can post on your timeline? > Friends
2. Review posts friends tag you in before they appear on your timeline? > On (this allows you to check the tag’s and allow only appropriate ones)
Who can see things on my timeline? this setting is your personal choice, I keep it as follows because I trust my friends not to “raise a storm in tea cup on my posting”. But for sure you can change these if you want, I suggest keep it as bellow.. trust your Friends a bit.
1. Review what other people see on your timeline > View As
2. Who can see posts you’ve been tagged in on your timeline? > Friends
3. Who can see what others post on your timeline? > Friends
How can I manage tags people add and tagging suggestions?
1. Review tags people add to your own posts before the tags appear on Facebook? > On
2. When you’re tagged in a post, who do you want to add to the audience if they aren’t already in it? > Friends
3. Who sees tag suggestions when photos that look like you are uploaded? > No One
(3) above is very very important, I am a Geek and Do believe in AI (artificial intelligence) but I also says its an untamed animal for now, hence “until its domesticated, keep it in wild and do not feed it”