inconsistent error frequently in your Windows 7/8/8.1/10
If you’re getting The extended attributes are inconsistent error frequently in your Windows 7/8/8.1/10, then this post is for you. This error might appear under following conditions:
- While installing new software
- Opening programs such as Command Prompt, Registry Editor etc.
- You perform any other operation that require user privileges
screenshot of this annoying error:
There are many solution on the Google Search, after having spent many hrs solving this problem, I suggest that you proced as follows
1: Using NETPLWIZ
1. Press Windows Key + R and put netplwiz in Run dialog box. Click OK or hit Enter key.
2. In the User Accounts window so appeared, select your user account and click Properties.
3. Next, in the property sheet, switch to Group Membership tab. Select Other and in the drop-down next to it, choose your account type such as Administrator, Users etc.
Follow this process for each of the user account present on your system and make sure each account belongs to a particular group. Click Apply, OK and close User Accounts window, reboot then.
2. Disabling the UAC using group policies
- mmc.exe -> OK
- File->Open -> C:\Windows\System32\gpedit.msc
- Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options
User Account Control: Use Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account: disabled
User Account Control: Detect application installations and prompt for elevation: disabled
User Account Control: Only elevate executable files that are signed and validated: disabled
User Account Control: Only elevate UIAccess applications that are installed in secure locations: disabled
User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode: disabled